WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams hit the road, with both teams notching victories over Keiser University on Friday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Men's Final: Tampa Spartans 139, Keiser Seahawks 123
Women's Final: Tampa Spartans 212, Keiser Seahawks 46
Location: Lake Lytal Aquatic Center| West Palm Beach, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The meet totaled 28 events, including 14 for the men and 14 for the women.
- Tampa's women took first in all 14 events.
- The Spartan women won each of the two relay events.
- UT won five men's races.
TOP PERFORMERS (MEN):
- Tampa received a first-place finish from Cameron Newton, who finished with a time of 1:42.30 in the 200 Free.
- Tom Downs won the 200 Fly after being timed at 1:56.66.
- The 200 Back was championed by Brett Saunders with a time of 1:54.02. He also won the 200 IM in 1:53.84.
- Tampa ended the meet with a first-place finish in the 200 Free Relay at 1:25.49.
TOP PERFORMERS (WOMEN):
- The Spartans took first in both relay races, the 200 Medley Relay (1:49.93) and the 200 Free Relay (1:41.56).
- Brittany Bayes won the first individual race, the 1,000 Free, in a time of 10:51.15.
- The 200 Free went to Maureen Moore as her time was 1:53.89.
- Katie Bayes championed the 100 Back in 1:00.85.
- UT's McKenzie Street was clocked at 1:08.04 to win the 100 Breast. She also won the 200 Breast in 2:26.06.
- Victoria Horsman took first in the 200 Fly with a time of 2:12.03.
- Tampa had a first in the 50 Free from Megan Waddell with a time of 24.45. Waddell would also win the 500 Free at 5:20.31.
- Senior Sophie Long won the 100 Free in 53.56 as UT took the top four spots in the event. Long also won the 200 IM at 2:13.59.
- Francesca Rusca was the first of four Spartans in the 200 Back at 2:14.14.
- The 100 Fly went to UT's Molly O'Hara with a time of 59.61 as she was the lone performer under a minute in the event.
Tampa is not in action until Friday, January 26 when it travels to meet Saint Leo University at 3 p.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.