DORAL, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's golf team placed seventh overall at the Miami Intercollegiate.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 7th, 880 strokes, +40 (298-288-294)
Team Champion: Nova Southeastern University, 842 strokes (+2)
Location: Trump National Doral - Red Tiger | Doral, Fla.
Host: Nova Southeastern University
Total Rounds: 3
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
- Jacques Celestino | 9th overall, 212 (+2)
- Robert Montagnino | 28th overall, 222 (+12)
- Hogan Bendert | 32nd overall, 224 (+14)
- Nate Kosarich | 38th overall, 227 (+17)
- Gray Barnes | 43rd overall, 231 (+21)
- Celestino was the top Spartan golfer for the second straight event as his ninth-place finish marked a season-best.
- A third-round 69 by Celestino was the top round for a Spartan.
- Unai Beitia competed as an individual, shooting a 224 (14th) to finish in 32nd place.
- A total of 10 teams competed.
- Saint Leo's Alberto Castagnara was the top individual golfer with a three-round score of 204 (-6).
- Joining UT and host/team champion Nova Southeastern from the Sunshine State Conference was Saint Leo (2) and Palm Beach Atlantic (9)
Tampa competes at the Miami Intercollegiate on October 22-23 at Doral Golf Club.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.