CLEARWATER, Fla. - The University of Tampa men's and women's swimming teams opened competition at the 2020 Sunshine State Conference Swimming Championships and lead in men's scoring through the first of four days.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Men's Day One Team Scoring: Tampa 211, Nova Southeastern 187, Florida Southern 104, Saint Leo 88, Rollins 62, Florida Tech 52, Lynn 43
Women's Day One Team Scoring: Nova Southeastern 230.5, Tampa 186.5, Rollins 78.5, Lynn 75, Florida Southern 70, Saint Leo 64.5, Florida Tech 46
Location: Doyle Aquatic Center at the Long Center | Clearwater, Fla.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
MEN'S TOP PERFORMERS:
- The men's 200 Medley A Relay team of Luke Hene, Brett Saunders, Andre Richardson and Aaron James took first place with a time of 1:27.62 to end the first night.
- James had a first place finish in the 50 Yard Freestyle with a time of 20.10.
- Saunders was first in the 200 Yard IM and broke the school record with a time of 1:45.5.
WOMEN'S TOP PERFORMERS:
- The 200 Medley Relay team of Courtney Sherwood, Elizaveta Bazarova, Molly O'Hara and Hana van Loock finished second with a time of 1:41.11 that marked a new school record.
- Bazarova took first place in the 50 Yard Freestyle with a time of 23.00 while van Loock finished third with a time of 23.36.
- Sherwood took first place in the 200 Yard IM while establishing a new school record with a time of 2:01.48.
Day two of the SSC Championships will begin Friday with the prelims at 10 a.m. The finals are slated for 6 p.m. Fans may watch live at TampaSpartans.tv or follow live scoring through the Meet Mobile app. Follow the official SSC Championships site here.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.