GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team ran to a fourth-place finish at the annual UF Mountain Dew Invitational, ranking as the top NCAA Division II team at the event.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 4th, 100 points
Overall Champion: Florida, 24 points
Location: Mark Bostic Golf Course | Gainesville, Fla.
Host Institution: University of Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Zoe Jarvis | 6th overall, 14:22.5
- Anna Sentner | 18th overall, 14:51.1
- Aspen Gordon | 20th overall, 14:54.5
- Sydney Rhodes | 29th place, 15:17.0
- Monika Brill | 33rd place, 15:19.3
- Jarvis was the top Spartan for the second straight week as she also ranked as the top Division II performer.
- A total of 14 teams competed.
- Head coach Jarrett Slaven had 12 runners compete in the race.
- Joining Tampa from the SSC were Saint Leo (5), Lynn (6) and Embry-Riddle (7).
The Spartans travel to Tallahassee on Friday for the Florida State Cross Country Open at Apalachee Regional Park.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.