The University of Tampa's Student-Athlete Services provides a comprehensive program that supports all student-athletes in their overall personal development and in their pursuit of academic and athletic goals.
As a member of the NCAA CHAMPS/Life Skills program, Student-Athlete Services is committed to student-athletes' development in five major areas: academic excellence, athletic excellence, career development, personal development, and community service. The various components of this program are designed to recognize and respond to the unique demands faced by student-athletes in these areas.
To provide a comprehensive program that supports all student-athletes in their overall personal development and in their pursuit of academic and athletic goals.
To provide the University of Tampa student-athletes with the information, resources, and encouragement they need in order to gain the most from their college experiences.
Our Programs and Services
We offer academic services, such as tutoring and study hall, as well as developmental programming on topics of particular importance to student-athletes, including nutrition, mental health, hazing, and stress management.
- Recruiting – Assist sports with introducing prospective students to the UT campus and academic opportunities.
- Advising – Meet regularly with student-athletes to determine a plan for obtaining the degree of their choice while meeting NCAA rules.
- Scheduling – Select classes that interest the student-athlete, stay on track for graduation, and fit within the difficult schedule of a student-athlete.
- Life Skills – Offer a program for covering Academic Excellence, Athletic Excellence, Personal Development, Career Development, and Community Service. This includes programs for new freshmen to transition them to demands of life at UT, as well as prepare all student-athletes to be successful after college.
- Graduation Preparation – Prepare students for graduation and life after sports, through community service, resume building, career development, and assistance with graduate school searches and applications.
- Alumni Involvement – Maintain contact with alumni student-athletes to serve as role models for and teach networking skills to current students.
Athletic Academic Advising Staff
Assistant Athletic Director for Academic and Student Services/SWA
Phone: (813) 257-3808