LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa men's cross country team ran to a third-place finish at the SSC Pre-Conference Challenge, marking the first official meet of the 2020-21 season for the Spartans.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 3rd, 53 points
Overall Champion: Embry-Riddle, 41 points
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Southern
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
- Trevor Kattenberg | 4th overall, 26:41.8
- Devon Sullivan | 5th overall, 26:44.1
- Luke Talham | 9th overall, 27:08.5
- Paul Wales | 17th place, 28:19.3
- Dominic Brink | 18th place, 28:23.7
- After leading all Spartans in four races in 2019, Kattenberg was the top UT runner.
- Sullivan posted the third top-10 finish of his college career, including his first top-five.
- A total of seven teams competed.
- Embry-Riddle and host Florida Southern were the only teams ahead of UT.
- Tampa entered a total of 11 runners in the men's race.
Tampa will conclude its shortened season due to Covid-19 at the Sunshine State Conference Championships on Saturday, February 27 in West Palm Beach, Fla.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.